The Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, on Tuesday said the takeover of the National Assembly by security operatives earlier in the day was a gross violation of constitutional order.
He said the the development was not authorised by the Presidency.
Osinbajo’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande, made the Acting President’s position known in a statement made available to journalists.
He promised that all persons within the law enforcement apparatus who participated in siege would be identified and subjected to appropriate disciplinary action.
The statement read, “Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, has described the unauthorised takeover of the National Assembly complex earlier today as a gross violation of constitutional order, rule of law and all acceptable notions of law and order.
“According to him, the unlawful act which was done without the knowledge of the Presidency is condemnable and completely unacceptable.
“By this statement, Professor Osinbajo is consequently assuring Nigerians that all persons within the law enforcement apparatus who participated in this travesty will be identified and subjected to appropriate disciplinary action.”
Visit www.tracknews.ng for latest news updates…
National2 days ago
Nigeria @ 62: “We can’t write off our nation” – Sen. Cleopas
News7 days ago
We Only Slept With The Lady Once, We Lured Her Into A Nearby Building After She Helped Us— Suspects
News6 days ago
UPDATE: ‘How suspected notorious kidnap kingpin John Lyon terrorised Bayelsa for seven years’
News6 days ago
I have nothing to do with notorious Lion -David Lyon
Niger Delta6 days ago
Amnesty Boss Gen. Ndiomu Appoints New Head of Reintegration
Breaking News7 days ago
JUST-IN: KIGNAP KINGPIN JOHN EWA AND OTHERS PARADED IN YENAGOA TODAY
Politics3 days ago
New London photo fuels rumour Bola Tinubu now wears catheter bag for urine
Politics6 days ago
Ayu: PDP heavyweights yield to Wike’s demand