TRACKING >The in-coming Governor of Bayelsa State Senator Douye Diri has said repeated that the Nembe -Brass road is on his priority list because it will open a vast window to the economic prosperity of the State.
He said the road will confer on the State a huge comparative advantage in the hydrocarbon industry and the explotation of marine resources that abound in the area. These are a recipe for a bouyant and prosperous economy.
In particular, the Nembe-Brass Road has the following advantages:
▪ It will facilitate the Surveillance of the numerous oil fields in the area. Let it be noted that more oil wells are being discovered in the area.
▪ The area holds prospects for the multi-billion Fertilizer Company, which will inturn trigger other agro-allied industries with their attendant spin-offs such as job creation, poverty reduction and entrepreneurship.
▪ The road will facilitate the full operation of the Brass Liquefied Natural Gas Project and the relocation of the headquarters of the Brass LNG to Bayelsa State.
▪ The road will facilitate the operation of the oil multinationals such as Ateio, SPDC and Agip among g others.
▪ Government will ensure that some work is done to open up the Brass seaport for the operation of ocean liners and vessels for the full exploitation of marine resources, including the deployment of fishing trawlers for deep sea fishing. Bayelsa State has a good comparative advantage in this area.
All these measures will increase employment, build a robust Internally Generated Revenue base, create wealth for Bayelsans and spread prosperity in the State and even beyond.
The Senator Douye Diri Administration will seek the partnership of the Local Content Board, the oil multinationals and the Niger Delta Development Commission to accelerate the pace of work on the road. The aim is to make the Nembe-Brass axis of Bayelsa State the most prolific hub of the hydrocarbon industry in Nigeria.
Email us @ tracknewsng[at]gmail.com
Call or Whatsapp: +2347010000762, +2348123398260