The candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Biodun Oyebanji has emerged the winner of the Ekiti State governorship election held on Saturday, 18th June, 2022.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared him the winner at about 3.04 am on Sunday.
Oyebanji who won 15 out of the 16 Local Government Areas of the state gathered 187,057 votes and is set to take over from Kayode Fayemi.
The Governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party, Segun Oni came second with 82,211 votes, while the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Bisi Kolawole gathered 67,457 votes.
The returning officer for the election, Professor Kayode Oyebode declared Oyebanji the winner of the governorship election.
Below is a compilation of some quick facts about the Governor-elect, Biodun Oyebanji as put together by Naija News.
1. He was born on December 21, 1967.
2. He hails from Ikogosi-Ekiti.
3. In 1999, Oyebanji, then 32, was one of the key aides to the first democratically elected governor of Ekiti state, Otunba Niyi Adebayo, serving as the Governor’s special assistant on parliamentary affairs. He was later to become the Chief of Staff to the governor in 2003.
4. He is the immediate past Secretary to the State government (in the administration of Kayode Fayemi), having resigned to contest the governorship election. Before then, he was Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning during Governor Kayode Fayemi’s first term.
5. He began his academic journey at Baptist primary school, Ikogosi-Ekiti. He attended Awo Community High school before transferring to C.A.C Grammar school, Efon-Alaaye, Ekiti State in 1979, and later attended the Federal school of Art and Science, Ondo State, and the District Commercial Secondary School, Aramoko-Ekiti from 1983 to 1985.
6. He acquired a Bachelor of Science (BSc.) degree in Political Science from the Ondo State University (now Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti) in 1989 and continued his quest for honours at the University of Ibadan, Oyo State in 1992 where he bagged his masters’ Degree (M.Sc) in Political Science (International Relations & Strategic Studies).
7. Oyebanji started his professional career as a Lecturer at the Department of Political Science, University of Ado Ekiti, where he worked for four years (1993-1997) and later proceeded to work as Manager, Treasury, and Financial Service at the defunct Omega Bank Plc (now Heritage Bank) till May 1999.
8. He is married to Prof. (Mrs) Oyebanji, who is an associate professor at the University of Ibadan and also a princess in Ado Ekiti.
9. Mr. Biodun Oyebanji is the fourth democratically elected Governor of Ekiti State.
10. He is also the chairman of Con Dois Farms Limited.
Entertainment3 days ago
SHOCKING: Aguba Is Homeless!
News5 days ago
Sorrow As 3 Die In Osun Church
Politics6 days ago
UPDATE: Bayelsa State House of Assembly Rejects Gov. Diri’s Commissioner Nominee
News4 days ago
DELTA LOANS: MULADE CONDEMNS THE USE OF IJAW, ITSEKIRI AS COLLATERAL.
International6 days ago
Remains of Patrice Lumumba – A Gold-crowned Tooth Buried In DR Congo
News2 days ago
“Shoot At Travellers For Attempting To Overtake My Convoy” – Bauchi State Deputy Governor Orders Police
Gist4 days ago
GIST: 21-Year-old Nigerian Lady Celebrates Being A Virgin
Sports6 days ago
PROSPERITY CUP: Nigerian Football Legend, Kanu, FIFA Agent, Paul Leads European Scouts To Yenagoa