Sunday, 31 Aug 2025
Subscribe
TrackNews Logo
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Niger Delta
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Editorial
  • 🔥
  • News
  • Politics
  • National
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Breaking News
  • Gist
  • Health
Font ResizerAa
Track NewsTrack News
Search
Follow US
©2025 Track News Media. All Rights Reserved. | Website Designed By AfeesHost
Home » Blog » I’m Convinced APC Can’t Pick Emefiele Says Prof. Sagay, SAN
National

I’m Convinced APC Can’t Pick Emefiele Says Prof. Sagay, SAN

Last updated: May 7, 2022 12:27 am
Track News
Share
SHARE

Constitutional Lawyer and Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), Chief Itse Sagay, says the process of choosing a Presidential candidate for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is becoming a “theatre of the absurd.”

Sagay also said he was shocked by the decision of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, to join the race for the APC Presidential ticket.

According to him, he is convinced that the CBN Governor cannot emerge as the party’s candidate.

He however said Emefiele has not breached any law for joining the race.

The lawyer said with the multitude of aspirants that have so far indicated interest, it appears there is a plot by some people to perpetuate themselves in power.

Asked whether the CBN governor needed to resign, he said, “There is a court judgement which has not been overturned that says you don’t have to resign until 30 days before an election. Until that is overturned, that is the law that governs that situation for now.

“But more importantly I’m just shocked that the Central Bank Governor wants to contest. The whole APC nomination process is being turned into a theatre of the absurd.

“It is like there is a guiding line behind all the confusion whose main objective is to ensure either that a Southern candidate is not elected or if a Southern candidate is put there, it would be a candidate who can only serve for four years so that those behind the plot can now come in.

“So it’s either those Northern plotters come in now or they want to create a situation in which somebody would come in for four years so that those behind the plot can now come in.”

TAGGED:I’m Convinced APC Can’t Pick Emefiele Says Prof. SagaySAN
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article LADY BLOCKS HER HELPER AFTER HE MISTAKENLY SENT N30K TO HER INSTEAD OF N3K
Next Article CBN Governor, Emefiele Presidential Declaration Is A Breach Of Public Service Rules — Lawyer
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

National

Police Speak On Investigating CCT Chairman Over Alleged Assault

By Track News

Nigeria Is The Hub Of Stolen Cars – Finance Minister, Ahmed Zainab

By Track News

No money was burnt in the fire outbreak at the Accountant General’s Office- Ministry of Finance says

By Track News
National

Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Ayade Emerge

By Track News
Track News
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram

About US

Track News is a leading news site with a primary focus on Nigeria and world news in general. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Niger Delta
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Editorial
Usefull Links

© Track News Media. All Rights Reserved. | Website Designed By AfeesHost

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?