Connect with us

News

Nasarawa’s police wives’ plaza was destroyed by fire.

Published

on

Ibekimi Oriamaja Reports

The Police Officers Wives Association (POWA) Plaza on Jos Road in Lafia, Nasarawa State, was destroyed by fire on Tuesday.

According to Track News, at least four shops and valuables worth millions of naira were destroyed.

According to a source, the fire, which lasted several hours before firefighters arrived and extinguished it, was started by an electric spark in one of the shops around 1 a.m.

Advertisement

Mrs Hannatu George, the Director of the Nasarawa State Fire Service, confirmed that the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

She, on the other hand, claimed that the Fire Service men arrived on time and arrested the situation, refuting the claim that they were late.

To avoid a fire outbreak, George advised residents of the state to be proactive in turning off all electrical appliances before leaving the house.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comments
TrackNews Nigeria to honour Gov. Wike
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement Web Hosting in Nigeria
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending