The Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, on Tuesday said the takeover of the National Assembly by security operatives earlier in the day was a gross violation of constitutional order.
He said the the development was not authorised by the Presidency.
Osinbajo’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande, made the Acting President’s position known in a statement made available to journalists.
He promised that all persons within the law enforcement apparatus who participated in siege would be identified and subjected to appropriate disciplinary action.
The statement read, “Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, has described the unauthorised takeover of the National Assembly complex earlier today as a gross violation of constitutional order, rule of law and all acceptable notions of law and order.
“According to him, the unlawful act which was done without the knowledge of the Presidency is condemnable and completely unacceptable.
“By this statement, Professor Osinbajo is consequently assuring Nigerians that all persons within the law enforcement apparatus who participated in this travesty will be identified and subjected to appropriate disciplinary action.”
Visit www.tracknews.ng for latest news updates…
Entertainment4 days ago
Barack Obama reacts to Mohbad death
News2 days ago
SCUML in Surprise AML Enforcement Visit to SC Group in Abuja
Politics6 days ago
PDP Chieftain Slams Atiku’s Aide, Bwala Over Attacks On Wike
Politics6 days ago
Nsit Atai Chairman In Trouble, Receives Fresh Query From AKHA
Entertainment6 days ago
MohBad: I Narrowly Escaped With My Life, Ex-Marlian Music Signee Recounts Ordeal
News4 days ago
Reps Fume As NIMASA Sells 82 Vehicles For N5.8m
Entertainment1 day ago
Nurse who treated Mohbad arrested – Iyabo Ojo
Health2 days ago
Sodomy: Ex-National Hospital’s Chief Pharmacist Sentenced To Life Imprisonment