Saturday, 30 Aug 2025
Subscribe
TrackNews Logo
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Niger Delta
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Editorial
  • 🔥
  • News
  • Politics
  • National
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Breaking News
  • Gist
  • Health
Font ResizerAa
Track NewsTrack News
Search
Follow US
©2025 Track News Media. All Rights Reserved. | Website Designed By AfeesHost
Home » Blog » NPC Says 1m Nigerians Will Be Recruited For Planned 2023 Census
National

NPC Says 1m Nigerians Will Be Recruited For Planned 2023 Census

Last updated: July 5, 2022 8:53 am
Track News
Share
SHARE
Mohammed Oluwatimileyin Taoheed reports,

The body responsible for heads count in the country, the National Population Commission (NPC), has announced that the Federal Government of Nigeria will take a number of one million Nigerians for the conduct of a National Census which is scheduled to hold in 2023.

The Commissioner representing Ekiti at the NPC, While speaking at a press conference in Ado-Ekiti on Monday, Mr. Deji Ajayi, who is the Commissioner representing Ekiti, made this known.

The former Ekiti State Head of Service stated that nine towns across nine local governments selected out of the 16 councils in the state had been delineated into Enumerated Areas(EAs) to ease the trial census.

The retired Permanent Secretary confirmed that the areas to counted in the trial census in Ekiti are: Ado, Emure, Iro, Ijero, Ikole, Iworoko, Ise, Ikun, and Omuo Ekiti.

Ajayi said: “This is the first time we will be doing a paperless census, everything will be digital to check corruption and bring about accurate data that can help national development.

“Census is a massive operation that will engage one million personnel and managing such a huge workforce manually will raise huge logistical and documentation challenges.

“It is in recognition of this fact that the NPC resolved that recruitment for the 2023 census will be done electronically. This trial census will provide opportunity to test the feasibility of e-recruitment.”

Ajayi added that population statistics would be used by private organisations to plan for the recruitment of young Nigerians by knowing the number of the active population.

“The government will also use such statistics to plan for our youth, students and the health needs of Nigerians. They will also know the number of gerontocrats, who should be catered for,” he said.

“Technology is open to manipulation, but NPC has gone a step higher by having an updated technology innovation that can prevent multiple registrations.

“The biometric technology will capture your face and fingerprints and goes to the server and any similar information supplied will be noticed and expunged from the data immediately.

“This time, no person, who is not seen will register as a Nigerian. We have put everything in place to ensure that this exercise will neither be hijacked nor politicised.

“The commission has intensified preparatory activities deploying technological innovation on a massive scale to conduct a truly scientific census that will not only be accurate and reliable but also transparent to all Nigerians.”

“We have also brought in some eggheads from our universities and retired experts from the civil service to train our workers for better efficiency”, he stated.

TAGGED:NPC Says 1m Nigerians Will Be Recruited For Planned 2023 Census
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article ‘Doctor’ Caught With Forged Certificates in Gombe Hospital
Next Article 2023: Primate Ayodele predicts outcome of presidential elections.
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

National

Nigeria In Trouble Times – Gov. Okowa

By Track News

Reps want emergency measure to protect Nigerians, economy

By Track News

Ehanire: 113 Nigerian health workers infected with coronavirus

By Track News

276 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Total Now 8344

By Track News
Track News
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram

About US

Track News is a leading news site with a primary focus on Nigeria and world news in general. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Niger Delta
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Editorial
Usefull Links

© Track News Media. All Rights Reserved. | Website Designed By AfeesHost

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?