Friday, 29 Aug 2025
Subscribe
TrackNews Logo
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Niger Delta
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Editorial
  • 🔥
  • News
  • Politics
  • National
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Breaking News
  • Gist
  • Health
Font ResizerAa
Track NewsTrack News
Search
Follow US
©2025 Track News Media. All Rights Reserved. | Website Designed By AfeesHost
Home » Blog » Ogun state government suspends Commissioner over alleged sexual harassment of a 16 year old student (video)
News

Ogun state government suspends Commissioner over alleged sexual harassment of a 16 year old student (video)

Last updated: January 4, 2021 7:26 am
Track News
Share
SHARE

TRACKING___Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun has suspended the Commissioner for Environment, Abiodun Abudu-Balogun for alleged sexual harassment of a 16-year old girl. Barakat Melojuekun, in a Facebook video post that has now gone viral, alleged that the commissioner connived with her uncle and a teacher from another secondary school to lure her to his house, where he allegedly sexually harassed her by touching her breasts. The commissioner released a statement denying the allegation. He described the video as “teleguided” and “political blackmail by my adversaries.” However, in a statement issued on Sunday January 3, in Abeokuta, the Secretary to the State Government, Tokunbo Talabi, announced the suspension of the commissioner pending the conclusion of an independent investigation into the allegation. He explained that the state government decided to suspend Abudu-Balogun to enable him to cooperate fully with the independent investigation being carried out by the police.“Whilst taking cognisance of the principle of a suspect being presumed innocent until proven guilty and the public statement issued by Honourable Abudu-Balogun denying the allegation, as a government with zero tolerance for gender-based violence and indeed any criminality, the suspension is a further demonstration of the commitment of Dapo Abiodun administration to fairness, equity, justice and the rule of law, no matter who is involved,” the statement read. Talabi assured the residents that the state government would do everything necessary to ensure that justice was served in the case. He disclosed that the suspended commissioner has been directed to hand over to the Permanent Secretary at the State Ministry of Environment. Barakat, a secondary school student in her final year, accused the suspended commissioner of attempting to rape her. She said she met the commissioner on Tuesday last week, but the incident occurred on New Year’s Eve. She said she was waiting for a motorcycle to convey her to the office of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to register for the National Identification Number (NIN). While waiting at a park in Ogun Waterside Local Government Area, she said the commissioner who was said to be driving stopped the car and offered her a lift, but she declined. Barakat alleged that she had been receiving calls from an unknown person who claimed to be the commissioner’s aide and two days later, she was reportedly taken to Abudu-Balogun’s residence by her uncle. Although she stated that her uncle might be unaware of the commissioner’s intention as he took her to his house to operate a computer, she claimed she was lured to his bedroom. She said she was left alone and allowed to go after she shouted at the top of her voice, and later narrated her ordeal to her parents who reported the case at the police station.

TAGGED:Ogun state government suspends Commissioner over alleged sexual harassment of a 16 year old student (video)
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Alleged sexual harassment: Gov Abiodun suspends Commissioner
Next Article JUST IN: Ex-UNILAG VC, Oye Ibidapo-Obe, dies of suspected COVID-19 complications
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

FeaturedNews

Insurgency: Wike joins calls for sack of Service Chiefs

By Track News

Edo Deputy Gov flags off MASVI invitational cycling race

By Track News

Days After Owner Of Collapsed Ikoyi Building Was Pronounced Dead, Wife, Brothers Reportedly Clash Over Exotic Cars, Huge Assets

By Track News

Ebonyi: Nwifuru sacks HoS, SSA on religious matters, two other Umahi appointees

By afees4me
Track News
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram

About US

Track News is a leading news site with a primary focus on Nigeria and world news in general. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Niger Delta
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Editorial
Usefull Links

© Track News Media. All Rights Reserved. | Website Designed By AfeesHost

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?