Sunday, 31 Aug 2025
Subscribe
TrackNews Logo
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Niger Delta
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Editorial
  • 🔥
  • News
  • Politics
  • National
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Breaking News
  • Gist
  • Health
Font ResizerAa
Track NewsTrack News
Search
Follow US
©2025 Track News Media. All Rights Reserved. | Website Designed By AfeesHost
Home » Blog » Osun 2023: We’ll beat Ekiti good record, says INEC chair, Yakubu
News

Osun 2023: We’ll beat Ekiti good record, says INEC chair, Yakubu

Last updated: July 4, 2022 5:23 pm
Track News
Share
SHARE

Inspects non-sensitive materials, mock accreditation exercise

  • Tasks electoral officers on timeliness

The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC), Professor Mahmood Yakubu has assured that the commission is ready and prepared to beat the good record of Ekiti poll during Osun guber election billed for July 16th 2022.

Yakubu made this known on Monday while inspecting non-sensitive materials at INEC office, Osogbo alongside Osun State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Professor Abdulganiy Raji with other officials of the commission.

He boasted that INEC is prepared to deliver hitch-free exercise during the Osun governorship election.

Meanwhile, he urged electoral officers of the commission to be proactive in their duties ahead of the election especially making appropriate plans for logistics before the exercise.

Speaking to the officers of the commission in Osogbo INEC office, he said, “Identify the Registration Area Centers (RAC) so that on the election you can activate the centres as early as 6 AM. We should be waiting for electorates not otherwise.

“Remember, Ekiti was good, but we want Osun to beat our record in Ekiti.

“We rely on you for transportation arrangement, early movement of materials, liaison with the security, moving them in good time…we must do this right. At the RAC centres, ensure adequate electricity so that they can recharge some of the equipment like the Bimodal Voters Accreditation System (BVAS) and power banks so that on Election Day we can have a seamless exercise.”

After the inspection of non-sensitive materials at the INEC office, Osogbo, he visited some polling units which include Salvation Army School, Alekuwodo, CAC Araromi, Osogbo, Oloti Unit 3, Iragbiji, and Ikirun.

He later visited Laro Grammar school, Osogbo where corps members are been trained by the commission ahead of the poll.

While addressing newsmen at CAC Araromi, Osogbo, he said, the inspection is to assess the level of preparedness of the commission ahead of the Osun state poll.

He said, “We are here on readiness assessment of the commission to conduct the election on the 16th of July 2022 and also to visit some designated centres while we are doing a mock accreditation exercise.

“In this particular centre, we achieve 100 per cent success for all those who presented themselves for accreditation so far.

“Next week, I will be back in the state again to meet with stakeholders, then there would be signing of Peace accord under the auspices of National Peace Committee, so that is our mission.”

TAGGED:Osun 2023: We’ll beat Ekiti good recordsays INEC chairYakubu
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Ekiti: Crisis In PDP Over Appointment Of State Chairman
Next Article 2023: Peter Obi cautions supporters
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

Army appoints commander for Operation Lafiya Dole

By Track News

Court awards N20m cost against lawyer behind suit to stall Tinubu’s inauguration

By Henry Chima

Ahmed Proposes N157bn Budget for 2019

By Track News
News

JUST IN: Queen of Hammer, ‘Barbara Shelley’ popular British actress is dead

By Track News
Track News
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram

About US

Track News is a leading news site with a primary focus on Nigeria and world news in general. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Niger Delta
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Editorial
Usefull Links

© Track News Media. All Rights Reserved. | Website Designed By AfeesHost

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?