Friday, 29 Aug 2025
Subscribe
TrackNews Logo
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Niger Delta
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Editorial
  • 🔥
  • News
  • Politics
  • National
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Breaking News
  • Gist
  • Health
Font ResizerAa
Track NewsTrack News
Search
Follow US
©2025 Track News Media. All Rights Reserved. | Website Designed By AfeesHost
Home » Blog » Presidency dismisses report of Buhari extending vacation
National

Presidency dismisses report of Buhari extending vacation

Last updated: August 15, 2018 1:33 pm
Track News
Share
SHARE

The Presidency has described the social media report that President Muhammadu Buhari, extended his ongoing 10 working days vacation in London as fake.

The purported fake news indicates that the President had already transmitted a letter to the National Assembly to this effect.

The official twitter handle of the presidency @NGRPresident, late Tuesday night, dismissed the report, saying it is an old story which was first circulated during the president’s vacation in Feb. 2017.

The presidency, therefore, enjoined all peace-loving citizens to ignore the fake news, saying that President Buhari had not extended his vacation.

It stated: “This story from Feb. 2017 is currently being mischievously circulated on social media platforms, to create the impression that it’s related to the president’s current vacation.

“Kindly take note of the date, 2017. The President has not extended his ongoing 10-working-day vacation.’’

The fake news alert read: “Breaking: Buhari extends vacation, writes National Assembly’’

President Buhari had on Aug. 3 commenced a 10 working days holiday.

The president’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, confirmed this development in a statement on Aug. 1, in Abuja.

He said: “In compliance with Section 145 (1) of the 1999 Constitution, a letter has been transmitted to the President of the Senate, and the Speaker, House of Representatives to that effect.

“While the President is on vacation, the Vice President will be in acting capacity as President.”

Adesina said the President would be in London for the holiday.

TAGGED:Presidency dismisses report of Buhari extending vacation
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article 2019: Don’t allow desperate politicians use you —- Bayelsa Commissioner tells youths
Next Article Why we want N189.2 billion for 2019 election — INEC
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

National

Ramadan: Buhari Urges Muslims To Pray For Peace

By Track News
National

Pantami Reveals ‘Forces’ Against Him, Why He Is Being Linked To Terrorism

By Track News
National

Insecurity: Nigeria Has Collapsed, Governors Only Running To Abuja To Take Pictures With Buhari – Wike

By Track News

INEC has power to deregister political parties, court reaffirms

By Track News
Track News
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram

About US

Track News is a leading news site with a primary focus on Nigeria and world news in general. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Niger Delta
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Editorial
Usefull Links

© Track News Media. All Rights Reserved. | Website Designed By AfeesHost

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?