Saturday, 30 Aug 2025
Subscribe
TrackNews Logo
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Niger Delta
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Editorial
  • 🔥
  • News
  • Politics
  • National
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Breaking News
  • Gist
  • Health
Font ResizerAa
Track NewsTrack News
Search
Follow US
©2025 Track News Media. All Rights Reserved. | Website Designed By AfeesHost
Home » Blog » Tinubu’s busy schedule won’t allow him to attend all presidential debates – APC/PCC
Politics

Tinubu’s busy schedule won’t allow him to attend all presidential debates – APC/PCC

Last updated: November 7, 2022 3:56 pm
Track News
Share
SHARE
Joseph Ovoboguono Ediruo Report

The All Progressive Congress Presidential Campaign Council (APC-PCC) said Bola Tinubu, the party presidential candidate’s busy and hectic campaign schedule will not permit him to attend presidential election debates on all platforms.

Arise TV in collaboration with the Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) on Sunday organised a debate for presidential candidates to tell Nigerians their plans for the country which was not attended by Tinubu and Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Festus Keyamo, the spokesperson of the APC-PCC in a statement on Monday gave reasons to justify the absence of Tinubu at the engagement.

Keyamo said the APC presidential candidate did not attend the presidential debate organised by Arise TV for the following reasons:
“Firstly, many radios and TV networks in Nigeria have indicated interest to host such debates and out of deference to other TV and radio stations, our candidate will not be making selective appearances in some networks, whilst ignoring others.

“As President of Nigeria, by the Special Grace of God, he intends to treat all persons and businesses fairly and equally.

“Secondly, the busy and hectic campaign schedules of Asiwaju Tinubu will not permit him to honour all such invitations by different radio and TV networks, hence our decision for him not to start with one TV station and later ignore others.

“Thirdly, our candidate had long before now realised the importance of speaking directly to Nigerians and shortly after unfolding his Action Plan as President embarked on Town Hall meetings beginning with his interaction with the Business Community and other stakeholders in Kano followed by the Town Hall meeting and presentation by experts last week in Lagos. Tomorrow, he will be interacting with Agro and Commodity Groups in Minna, Niger State.

“Whilst we thank Arise TV for the invitation, we want to assure Nigerians that we shall continue to hold these debate groups and Nigerians in high esteem. Nigerians will hear from our candidates loud and clear through other forums.

“Lastly, out of profound respect for Nigerians, we urge all our party structures and supporters at the grassroots to continue to organise town hall meetings to educate Nigerians on the Action Plan of our candidate as we believe a grassroot town hall meeting will be of more fruitful to Nigerians.

TAGGED:Tinubu’s busy schedule won’t allow him to attend all presidential debates – APC/PCC
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article More turbulence awaits PDP – Fayose
Next Article Obi-Datti Campaign threatens boycott of future debates with ‘surrogates’
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

Over 60,000 watch Peter Obi speak at Chatham House, promises to fight corruption, insecurity

By afees4me
Politics

2023: Soyinka denies endorsing Tinubu

By Track News

As Sanwo-Olu chairs the Lagos APC Campaign Council, Osinbajo and Aregbesola are absent.

By Track News

INEC releases election guidelines, bans collation officers from making calls

By Track News
Track News
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram

About US

Track News is a leading news site with a primary focus on Nigeria and world news in general. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Niger Delta
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Editorial
Usefull Links

© Track News Media. All Rights Reserved. | Website Designed By AfeesHost

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?