Connect with us


NSCDC Deputy Commandant’s disappearance causes anxiety in Bayelsa



Agency Report

Fear has gripped the Bayelsa Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) over the sudden disappearance of the Deputy Commandant of the Corps, Mr. Raymond Terwase Gaadi.

Gaadi, who was posted from Enugu Command to Bayelsa to take over as the second in command in April allegedly had issues with the person who was supposed to hand over to him.

There is palpable fear at the Bayelsa Command and the family on whether the senior officer is still alive as his phones had reportedly been switched off since he got missing in October.


His elder brother, Mr. Terkura Gaadi, said after missing his brother (Raymond’s) calls on October 22, he could not reach him again as his phones usually rang out until October 30 when all the lines were switched off.

It has yet ascertained if the NSCDC officer was kidnapped, involved in an auto crash or a victim of the ravaging floods in Bayelsa that were at the peak during the time of his disappearance.

Terkura said: “Raymond was transferred from Enugu State and he started work at Bayelsa State Command in April. He was in the state until he got missing in October. He visited me in May and informed me that he had assumed duty at his new posting.
“Actually, he called me on October 22, around 6pm, but I missed his calls. When I called back, I did not get any response from him. It was around October 30 that his phones were totally switched off up till today. That was when we started sensing that something must have happened to him.


“I have personally spoken with NSCDC Commandant in Bayelsa State and she told me that they were making efforts to find his whereabouts.

“When he visited me in May, he told me that he had a problem, that when he resumed in Bayelsa State Command, somebody was refusing to hand over to him. He told me that in confidence. We have already written to the Inspector General of Police and Commandant General of NSCDC to help us find the whereabouts of our brother who came to serve the nation in Bayelsa. We want to see him alive.”

Authorities of NSCDC in Bayelsa State said they were investigating the circumstances leading to the disappearance of thier Deputy Commandant.


Raymond was said to be given a pass to travel to his former command in Enugu to pack his belongings.

The NSCDC spokesman in Bayelsa State, Mr Solomon Ogbere, said the Command was working with other sister security agencies to unravel the circumstances behind the sudden disappearance of the Deputy Commandant.

He also dispelled insinuation that somebody was refusing to hand over the Deputy Commandant’s portfolio to Mr Raymond Gaadi, saying he was in crisis management section when he was appointed as Second in Command in Bayelsa State.


Ogbere said: “He told the State Commandant that he was traveling to Enugu to carry his loads to Benue State and he was given a pass. He left and up till now, we have not heard anything from him.

“We have called the Sector Commander of FRSC to contact his Enugu colleague, because we learnt that there was an accident along that axis for them to help us check the persons that were involved and whether our personnel was among so we can know what to do. His numbers are not going through; we are also very worried.

“He did not travel with any details attached to him. He was not even supposed to travel to Enugu without his car. We have already communicated to the national headquarters and we are doing everything possible to find him because he is a friend of all. He is a very humble and nice person.”

TrackNews Nigeria to honour Gov. Wike
Advertisement Web Hosting in Nigeria